JUNIOR INDOOR CRICKET (6 a side) Winter 2024 Season
Indoor Cricket is an immensely popular sport, having been played in Australia since it was invented in the late 70’s. Now played by over 200,000 participants Australia wide, the beauty of Indoor Cricket is that each player bats and bowls the same number of overs as their team mates, ensuring all players remain involved in the game.
Striker Indoor Sports & Fitness offer junior leagues in Winter (run over terms 2 & 3) for
School Year 5 & Under (Fridays)
School Year 6 & 7 (Fridays)
School Year 8 & 9 (Fridays)
School Year 10 & 11 (Fridays)
The competitions run seasonally opposite to outdoor cricket, throughout the winter months, which enables you to play cricket all year round.
GAME DURATION AND START TIMES
Games are played on Friday afternoons from 4:00pm onwards. The year 5 and under division will predominantly play at 4:00pm or 5:00pm each week, year 6 & 7 at 5:00pm or 6:00pm, year 8 & 9 at 7:00pm or 8:00pm and year 10 & 11 at 8:00pm, possibly 9:00pm. All games go for just under an hour with slightly modified rules as appropriate for each age group.
All players should be at the centre no later than 10 minutes prior to the scheduled game time.
HOW DO I REGISTER?
We accept both individual and team (6 players) registrations, including small groups of players wishing to be kept together. Please note that whilst we do our best to place individuals, we simply cannot make guarantees that all preferences will be accommodated.
To Register a team or individual click here
All players in a team must compete in the same coloured shirts. Shirts may be of any colour or style, provided ALL team mates wear the same colour.
LADDERS AND POINTS SYSTEM
- Win = 3 points
- Draw = 1.5 points
- Loss = 0 points
- 1 bonus point for each skin (i.e. 1st pair of Team A versus 1st pair of Team B, etc)
- Forfeit = -1 point
QUALIFYING FOR FINALS.
- Individual players must play a minimum of 5 games during the regular season to qualify for finals.
- Semi Finals and Finals are all played on the same week night as regular fixtured games.
TEAMS SHORT OF PLAYERS DURING FINALS
- If only the minimum number of players have qualified and are available to play in a particular grade, then that team must play with those players only.
- If less than the minimum number of players have qualified and are available, then the final will be forfeited to the team they were scheduled to play.
- Only on special circumstances will an unqualified player be permitted to play and this will be determined by centre management.
- The top 4 teams will progress through to the finals.
- All other teams will play normal games to the end of the season
The 2024 season of Friday junior cricket will be run over terms 2 & 3 (21 weeks) – 19th April to 20th September 2024. (Break for School Holidays on 5th & 12th July)
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
GAME FEES – Payment covers all umpires cost for the entire season.
- Register as an individual: $231 for 21 week competition (paid on the first night of the competition)
- Register as a team of 6: $1386 for 21 week competition (paid on the the first night of the competition)
Please note: If a team forfeits at anytime during the season, you will still be charged your full game fee.
INDOOR CRICKET RULES
6 a side games will be played via the following format
Each batting pair will bat 4 overs per game.
Each team innings will be 12 overs per game.
Each bowler/fielder will bowl 2 overs per game.
Click here for the indoor cricket rules book – Centre Management reserves the right to modify rules as deemed fit for the spirit of the game.
JUNIOR SOCCER Summer Season
We run Junior Soccer summer season across school terms 4 & 1.
*Divisions are based on school years.
*You can not register or play someone who is older than the school years allow for that division.
*Game fees are $60.00 per team per week.
*5 a side on court with up to 3 subs per team
To register a team click here